Trevor Wye Practice Book For The Flute-Revised Edition-Novello
Trevor Wye Practice Book For The Flute-Revised Edition-Novello (Advanced Practice)
- Trevor Wye-Practice Books For The Flute-Revised Edition-Book 1 Tone-Novello
- Trevor Wye-Practice Books For The Flute-Revised Edition-Book 1 Tone (CD Edition)-Novello
- Trevor Wye-Practice Books For The Flute-Revised Edition-Book 2 Technique-Novello
- Trevor Wye-Practice Books For The Flute-Revised Edition-Book 3 Articulation-Novello
- Trevor Wye-Practice Books For The Flute-Revised Edition-Book 4 Intonation & Vibrato-Novello
- Trevor Wye-Practice Books For The Flute-Revised Edition-Book 5 Breathing & Scales-Novello
Trevor Wye-Practice Books For The Flute-Revised Edition-
Book 6 Advanced Practice
Book 1 is the definitive exercise book on tone – the foundation of all good Flute playing. This book takes you through a series of steps in tone building, including exercises in all registers, developing different tone colours, breath and pitch control and flexibility.
The Book and CD Version comes with a CD accompanying Book 1, enabling the player to hear the exercises as well as playing them, providing valuable ear-training as a bonus.
Book 2 This book provides a step by step guide to developing good Flute technique, with plenty of helpful exercises for all registers of the instrument. Each section of the Trevor Wye Practice Book For The Flute is accompanied by useful practice and performance tips.
Book 3 Good articulation is an essential part of Flute technique – it is the speech of music. This book provides a step by step guide to securing good articulation, covering slurring, single, double and triple tonguing, problem notes and overcoming nerves and anxiety.
Book 4 This book deals with everything that affects or relates to playing in tune and will help you to develop your listening skills and sense of pitch. It covers Flute harmonics, the Flute scale, perfect pitch, tuning up and vibrato, and also includes 24 studies for intonation.
Book 5 The Trevor Wye Practice Book For The Flute provides practical information on how to improve your breath control. Alongside handy hints and diagrams, this book includes a definitive range of scales and arpeggios to help you develop your technique, as well as a brief introduction to improvisation.
Book 6 is invaluable for both amateur and would-be professional players. It builds on knowledge gained in the earlier books, whilst also breaking new ground. Tone, posture, technique, articulation, the top register, breathing and intonation are all covered in depth.
British flautist, Trevor Wye (Born 1935-) is a professional flautist, teacher, and author and editor of several technical and repertoire books for the flute. In particular, his popular series of ‘Practice Books for Flute’ have been translated into eleven other languages. He is also Founder of the British Flute Society and founded the International Summer School for flute.
He began learning the flute aged 15 and studied privately with renowned flautists, Geoffrey Gilbert and Marcel Moyse. Trevor freelanced as a chamber and orchestral player on the London scene for many years and has many solo recordings to his name. Wye was also a Professor at the Guildhall School of Music, London and for 21 years at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester. He continues to travel throughout the world giving Masterclasses in Europe, the USA and Japan.
If you have any queries, please call All Flutes Plus on 020 7388 8438 (UK) or +44
20 7388 8438 (International)
- All Flutes Plus accessories are dispatched within the UK by Royal Mail unless otherwise requested with a standard flat-rate of £2.50 per package.
- All Flutes Plus endeavour to dispatch your order by return and availability of stock if received before 2.30pm.
- For delivery outside the UK a secure courier service is used for overseas shipment. Not only will the delivery charge change depending on the location, but also the weight of the goods.