Trevor James 5XE Flute
Trevor James 5XE Flute
This outstanding student flute is silver plated throughout, has a free-blowing head joint and reliable, responsive key work.
- Trevor James 5XE Flute (Trevor James 5XE Flute)
- The new TJ budget model starter flute
- Split E mechanism as standard
- Offset G key
- Good quality and strong mechanism
- Felt under mechanism instead of cork, improved quieter response
- Double skin yellow pads* ‘3 x UK Music Industry Award Winner in the Best Woodwind Instrument Category’
- Supplied in a tough, lightweight case with a shoulder strap
- Cleaning rod and cloths included
The aim of this new ‘budget’ model Trevor James 5x flute model is to capture the potential new flute player or those who are working on a very tight and limited budget. At the price point, you will find this brand new TJ 5x flute, there are usually only inferior quality instruments for sale with a brand name you’ve never heard of.
Instruments, which do nothing to meet the learning requirements of an eager new player who doesn’t have the resource or budget to buy one of the world’s leading, but more expensive ‘Award Winning’ starter flutes the TJ 10x. The team at Trevor James flutes wanted to solve this issue. We wanted to create a budget instrument that would encourage and allow the new player to develop their skills and talent.
We also didn’t want the player to be discouraged with their new flute constantly at the repairers, which is sadly the experience of many who purchase similar-priced flutes with strange, never heard of before brand names online
How have we done this?
By initiating our first-ever partnership with an external factory (unlike all other TJ flutes, which we design and manufacture in-house), we have introduced the TJ 5x model. While our TJ flute technical team remains responsible for their design, these models are priced with considerations for manufacturing scalability and possible price reductions. Most crucially, we’ve ensured that performance quality remains uncompromised throughout this process.
About Trevor James
Trevor James Flutes are an award-winning brand dedicated to helping players find a unique instrument that will allow them to experience new sounds, colours and textures. Founded in 1983, Trevor James flutes are admired by students and professional players alike. Trevor James has spent many years finely honing the design, manufacture and quality of finish to their flutes. The TJ Flute UK-based workshop is entirely made up of musicians and experienced specialist repairers.
For further information on Trevor James Flutes, please visit: https://trevorjamesflutes.co.uk/
If you have any queries, please call us on 020 7388 8438 (UK) or +44 20 7388 8438 (International)
- We dispatch all instruments within the UK via Royal Mail Special Delivery unless otherwise requested, at a standard flat rate of £12 per instrument.
- We will endeavour to dispatch your order by return and availability of stock if received before 2.30 pm.
- We use a secure courier service for overseas deliveries outside the United Kingdom. Delivery charges will vary depending on the location and weight of the goods.
Warranty / Guarantee
All AFP instruments are dispatched fully tested and covered by the AFP Support Plan