Trevor James 5XE Flute
Trevor James 5XE Flute (The new TJ budget model starter flute)
This outstanding student flute is silver plated throughout, has a free blowing head joint and reliable, responsive key work. This flute is supplied in a tough, lightweight case with shoulder strap together with a cleaning rod and cloths.
Trevor James have spent over 30 years finely honing the design, manufacture and quality of finish to their flutes. All Trevor James Flutes are finished in their Kent-UK based workshops by experienced technicians.
- Trevor James 5XE Flute (Trevor James 5XE Flute)
- Split E mechanism as standard
- Off set G key
- Good quality and strong mechanism
- Felt under mechanism instead of cork, improved quieter response
- Double skin yellow pads* ‘3 x UK Music Industry Award Winner in the Best Woodwind Instrument Category’
The aim of this new ‘budget’ model Trevor James 5x flute model is to capture the potential new flute player, or those returning to playing after an extended break who are working to a very tight and limited budget.
At the price point you will find this brand new TJ 5x flute, there is usually only very poor quality instruments for sale with a brand name you’ve never heard of. Instruments, which do nothing to meet the learning requirements of an eager new player who doesn’t have the resource or budget to buy one of the world’s leading, but more expensive ‘Award Winning’ starter flutes the TJ 10x.
The team at Trevor James flutes wanted to solve this issue. We wanted to create a budget instrument that will encourage and allow the new player to develop their skills and talent. We also didn’t want the player to be discouraged with their new flute constantly at the repairers, which is sadly the experience of many who purchase similar priced flutes with strange, never heard of before brand names online
How have we done this?
By partnering for the very first time with another factory (unlike all other TJ flutes which are designed and manufactured by ourselves), these TJ 5x models, although still designed by our TJ flute technical team, are priced following manufacturing scaleability and price reductions where we felt they were possible, but most importantly we have also made sure that we haven’t compromised the performance quality.
- All instruments are dispatched within the UK by Royal Mail Special Delivery, unless otherwise requested, with a standard flat-rate of £12 per instrument.
- All Flutes Plus will endeavour to dispatch your order by return and availability of stock, if received before 2.30pm.
- For delivery outside the UK, a secure courier service is used for overseas shipment. Delivery charges will vary depending on location and weight of goods.
Warranty / Guarantee
Finally, all AFP instruments are dispatched fully tested and covered by the AFP Support Plan