Offermans – For the Contemporary Flutist
Offermans – For the Contemporary Flutist is an etude book by Wil Offermans with 12 studies on contemporary flute techniques. The book is a thorough and also practical introduction into modern flute technique. For the Contemporary Flutist Online has lots of additional extensive thoughts, information, exercises and also background stories related to the book. Together with this book, there are video demonstrations available of the studies on youtube. Similarly there is additional information available on Wil Offermans’ website. Not to mention, For the Contemporary Flutist has been awarded by the Newly Published Music Committee of the National Flute Association, USA in 1993. Etudes:
- 1: Wind Tones
- 2: Harmonics
- 3: Difference Tones
- 4: Bamboo Tones
- 5: Multiphonics
- 6: Whisper Tones
- 7: Singing unisono and parallel
- 8: Polyphonic singing
- 9: Diverse
- 10: Circular Breathing
- 11: Flute and Movement
- 12: Graphic notation and Improvisation
- Explanations and remarks concerning the pieces and their techniques.
The Dutch-born flutist-composer Wil Offermans is known as an acclaimed expert on promoting the extended flute techniques to a wider audience through his compositions, concerts, workshops and also courses. He broadened his creative and contemporary approach during his tours around the world, especially to Asia and Japan. His compositions have been performed by distinguished flautists and also flute ensembles around the world.
If you have any queries, please call us on 020 7388 8438 (UK) or +44 (0)20 7388 8438 (International)
- We dispatch all sheet music within the UK via Royal Mail unless otherwise requested.
- We will endeavour to dispatch your order by return and availability of stock if received before 2.30 pm
- Stocked items may not always be immediately available. Click here to find out more.
- We use a secure courier service for overseas deliveries outside of the United Kingdom. Delivery charges will vary depending on the location and weight of the goods.