Mcdowall The Moon Dances-Flute and Piano-Hunt Edition
Mcdowall The Moon Dances-Flute and Piano-Hunt Edition Inspired by the intense imagery of Lorca’s poetry, The moon Dances evokes contrasting aspects of dance. The first movement gives a festive exuberance to a carnival atmosphere and in the second the moon dances above the shadows that engulf the dead. In the last, the girl on the swing arcs across the sky, her dance shimmering beneath the moon. Contents
- Black with Shadow and Wolves
- Paper Sea and Silver Coins
- The Red Star Trembles
Born in London, in 1951, McDowall has won many awards and has been short-listed eight times for the British Composer Awards. In 2014 she won the British Composer Award for Choral Music. Much of McDowall’s choral music is performed worldwide, as well as her orchestral music. Recent important commissions include one for the BBC Singers, Westminster Cathedral Choir, London Mozart Players and a joint commission from the City of London Sinfonia and the Scott Polar Research Institute to celebrate the life of the British Antarctic explorer, Captain Scott in Seventy Degrees Below Zero.
If you have any queries, please call us on 020 7388 8438 (UK) or +44 (0)20 7388 8438 (International)
- We dispatch all sheet music within the UK via Royal Mail unless otherwise requested.
- We will endeavour to dispatch your order by return and availability of stock if received before 2.30 pm
- Stocked items may not always be immediately available. Click here to find out more.
- We use a secure courier service for overseas deliveries outside of the United Kingdom. Delivery charges will vary depending on the location and weight of the goods.