A Flute Method Book For Young Beginners-Pucihar
Book Options (Separate Books)
- Book 1
- Book 2
Complete with free downloadable accompaniment tracks.
The Fluting Stars method books cover the fundamentals of flute playing with carefully structured, step-by-step instructions.
The creators of Luna’s Magic Flute and Flute at Play, Blaz Pucihar and Ana Kavcic Pucihar, have created a new colourful project for young Flute beginners – The Fluting Stars. Fluting Stars come in two books and are inventive, beautifully illustrated Flute-method book for young flute beginners and their teachers.
Young Flute beginners are invited to learn the fundamentals of flute playing and chamber music through more than 50 traditional folk songs from Europe and the United States of America + 65 original pieces in a variety of musical styles from baroque to cha-cha. These albums also include chamber music in duets, trios and quartets.
Ana Kavcic Pucihar collaborated with dr. Nicole Molumby and Blaz Pucihar at Boise State University in Idaho to create an English translation of the method book – Fluting Stars.
- They are divided into 10 Key Leaps, large instructional units with seven focus areas:
- The Fluting Star Magazine presents new material.
- Treasure Chest of Sparkly Tones establishes beautiful tone production.
- Ear Detective develops aural awareness.
- Notes in a Minute build music-literacy skills.
- Finger Fitness establishes the fundamentals of flute finger technique.
- Stellar Student creates young music-theory enthusiasts.
- Cherry on Top offers musical challenges and performance
Slovenian pianist, composer, and arranger Blaž Pucihar graduated with honours from the class of prof. Dubravka Tomšič-Srebotnjak at the Academy of Music in Ljubljana (Slovenia).
As a soloist, he has performed with several orchestras. He regularly works with many internationally recognized artists (Benoit Fromanger, Tadeu Coelho, Viviana Guzman, Pierre-Yves Artaud, Giampaolo Pretto, and others) on a variety of performance and recording projects.
Since 2003, he has been composing music for a range of instruments and ensembles. His reputation as a composer is growing internationally. Piccolo Moods, his composition for piccolo and piano, was the winner of the NFA Newly Published Music Competition in 2014.
Blaž and his wife, flautist Ana Kavčič Pucihar, have created the young flute players’ flute book Flute at Play, and Luna’s Magic Flute, a musical fairytale for flute and piano dedicated to children. Based on Blaž’s original fairy tale, the latter has also been choreographed into a ballet and a puppet theatre show. These shows have been performed in Slovenia, Austria, Germany, the UK, and the USA.
Ana Kavcic Pucihar
Ana Kavcic Pucihar is Head Instructor of Flute at Skofja Loka Music School (Slovenia). As a performer, she has been researching holistic approaches to teaching young beginning flute players for the past 10 years.
She collaborated with Blaz Pucihar on two internationally recognised collections of pieces for young flute players: Flute at Play and Luna’s Magic Flute.
She presents seminars on effective flute teaching methods for flute teachers throughout Slovenia, the USA and the UK. Her flute students receive numerous prizes at Slovenian / international flute and chamber music competitions.
Ana Kavčič Pucihar studied flute at the Academy of Music in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
If you have any queries, please call us on 020 7388 8438 (UK) or +44 20 7388 8438 (International)
- We dispatch all sheet music within the UK via Royal Mail unless otherwise requested.
- We will endeavour to dispatch your order by return and availability of stock if received before 2.30 pm
- Stocked items may not always be immediately available. Click here to find out more.
- We use a secure courier service for overseas deliveries outside of the United Kingdom. Delivery charges will vary depending on the location and weight of the goods.