Complete Irish Flute Book-Flute and CD-Mel Bay
Complete Irish Flute Book-Flute and CD-Mel Bay (Edited by Mizzy McCaskill & Dona Gilliam)
While the wooden simple-system flute is traditionally used in playing Irish music, a growing number of folk players have adopted the silver flute as a viable alternative. Here for the first time, The Complete Irish Flute Book presents the silver or Boehm flutist with a method for learning authentic Irish ornamentation! This thorough guide provides detailed fingering charts, exercises, and technical essays for learning to execute ornaments in the in the Irish style. Through a wealth of hornpipes, reels, jigs, set dances, and slow airs and songs. This book focuses not only on musical accuracy, but stylistic authenticity as well. The companion CD contains 26 of the 101 tunes from the book.
- Historical Notes
- Hand Position
- Finger Position
- Breath Support
- Irish Music
- Set Dance
- Performance Practice
- Breath Support
- Cuts (Fingering Chart)
- Cuts Between Two Notes of the Same Pitch (Fingering Chart)
- Pieces for Study of Cuts
- Double Grace Notes
- Scale Practice for Double Grace Notes
- Pieces for Study of Double Grace Notes
- Triple Grace Notes
- Short Rolls
- Short Roll Fingerings
- Short Roll Exercises
- Pieces for Study of Short Rolls
- Long Roll
- Long Roll Fingerings
- Long Roll Exercises
- Pieces for Study of Long Rolls
- Process of Variation
- Slow Airs and Songs
- Diaphgmatic Vibrato
- Fingered Vibrato
- Pieces for Study and Practice
- Piano Accompaniments
- Fingering Charts
If you have any queries, please call All Flutes Plus on 020 7388 8438 (UK) or +44
20 7388 8438 (International)
- All Flutes Plus accessories are dispatched within the UK by Royal Mail unless otherwise requested.
- All Flutes Plus endeavour to dispatch your order by return and availability of stock if received before 2.30pm.
- Stocked items may not always be immediately available. Click here to find out more.
- For delivery outside the UK a secure courier service is used for overseas shipment. Not only will the delivery charge change depending on the location, but also the weight of the goods.