Barrere Nocturne-Flute and Piano-Southern Music Company
Barrere Nocturne-Flute and Piano-Southern Music Company (Edited by Brooks de Wetter Smith / Archive Edition) Georges Barrere (1876-1944) was born in Bordeaux and studied at the Paris conservatory with Henri Altes and Paul Taffanel. In 1894, he performed as Principal flautist at the premiere of Debussy´s Prélude à l´Après-midi d´un faune. In 1905 he emigrated with his family to New York, where he became principal flautist of the New York Symphony. A much loved flautist, he taught at the Juilliard School (Formely named the Institute of Musical Art) and went on to teach an entire generation of great American flute players including William Kincaid, Samuel Baron, Frances Blaisdell, Arthur Lora and Bernard Goldberg.
- In 1919, Barrere premiered Griffes Poem with the New York Symphony.
- In 1920, he founded the New York Flute Club
- 1936 – Premiere of Density 21.5 by Vareses in the Carnegie Hall on a platinum Haynes flute
If you have any queries, please call us on 020 7388 8438 (UK) or +44 (0)20 7388 8438 (International)
- We dispatch all sheet music within the UK via Royal Mail unless otherwise requested.
- We will endeavour to dispatch your order by return and availability of stock if received before 2.30 pm
- Stocked items may not always be immediately available. Click here to find out more.
- We use a secure courier service for overseas deliveries outside of the United Kingdom. Delivery charges will vary depending on the location and weight of the goods.