A Student’s Guide to Aural Perception at Advanced Level
Included are two accompanying CDs.
This book provides useful resource material for aural training at an advanced level. The first part is packed with examples of dictation and discrimination exercises, carefully graded in difficulty. The text provides a systematic approach to aural training, with melody and two-part dictation, harmonic recognition, and identifying errors in performance. Frequent hints and tips enable the student to develop increasing skills and confidence in the tests.
A recorded anthology of the compositional techniques with which students are expected to be familiar at an advanced level. A huge variety of extracts has been specially selected from British folk songs, world music, jazz, pop and the main periods of art music from the late Renaissance to modern times.
A detailed commentary shows how to recognize periods, styles, structures, instruments and techniques in this music, with all of these features illustrated in the examples on the accompanying CD. The complete work provides an invaluable resource not only for the Advanced level aural syllabus but also for any study of style and analysis in the wide variety of music that is encountered today.
- Part I: Melody Dictation
- Two-Part Dictation
- Keys, Chords and Cadences
- Spot the Mistakes
- Prelude to Part II: Aural and Stylistic Analysis
- Folk Music of the British Isles
- World Music
- Popular Music
- Music of the Late Renaissance
- Music of the Baroque Era
- Classical Music
- Romantic Music
- Music in the 20th Century
- Answers to the Tests
If you have any queries, please call us on 020 7388 8438 (UK) or +44 20 7388 8438 (International)
- We dispatch all sheet music within the UK via Royal Mail unless otherwise requested.
- We will endeavour to dispatch your order by return and availability of stock if received before 2.30 pm
- Stocked items may not always be immediately available. Click here to find out more.
- We use a secure courier service for overseas deliveries outside of the United Kingdom. Delivery charges will vary depending on the location and weight of the goods.